Cheesy Taco Hamburger Bake
Hi friends, “What’s for dinner?” three words most us moms cringe to hear…. unless you have an easy, delicious, family friendly dinner… like this “Cheesy Taco Hamburger Bake.” Let me just put it this way… when my adorable stink of a six year old got out of his kitchen seat and said “Mom this is the bomb!” you know its a winner. HA! he totally made me laugh. Kids are so honest and I love when my kids adore mamas dinner. OK’ try not to over salivate over the image and just go make it.
- 1 lb. of lean hamburger meat cooked and drained
- 1 can of corn drained
- 1 can of green chilies
- 1 can of sliced olives
- optional 1 can of either drained pinto beans or black beans
- corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 c. of cheddar cheese
- 1 packet of cheesy taco seasonings
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of onion flake
- 1 tbsp of dry cilantro or you can use fresh cilantro (garnish)
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- Start by cooking your hamburger, drain and season with the seasoning listed above as well as you taco seasoning packet. Also mix in your can of corn and green chilies together then pour that into your hamburger meat, mix. This is when you can also add in your beans if you choose to use beans. Next spray your 13 x 9 baking dish with Pam spray. Lay down your corn tortillas, until the bottom of the dish is covered in them. Next add your meat corn (bean mixture), then sprinkle on some cheese, then a new layer of tortillas, more meat mixture, cheese, etc. I get "3" layers in my dish. Top the dish with sliced olives. Bake 350 for 18 minutes. Once its out, let is sit for about 6-8 minutes. Then slice and serve with (optional) sour cream, and your diced tomatoes and fresh or dry cilantro.
- Don't eat to much.
Thank you all for the visit. Now go eat or make your dinner. xo jen