I still can’t believe that today I’m here at C.O.M. Fashion Fridays: somebody pinch me, please (not all at once)!!
Would you like a great “wow-factor” t-shirt
with about 20 minutes of work?
You’ve been served!
I made it last year and sure enough I’m going to wear it
over and over again this summer 🙂
It all begun with some internet browsing, and when I look for t-shirt inspiration,
the Red Valentino label is a great source. …
Yeah, a bit excessive price tags, agreed.
This shirt was 255$… now on sale @ 178.50 on net-a-porter.com.
What a joke!
|image from net-a-porter.com collage by me
I had everything on hand:
* a grey t-shirt
* some black mesh
* a small piece of black silk for the bow
* my sewing machine
|click on picture to magnify
* cut the back of the t-shirt in the middle, leaving about 3″ at the top uncut
* round the edges (optional, the original doesn’t have round edges)
* cut a piece of black mesh in a sort of triangular shape with a round base (the two extra parts sticking out at the bottom won’t be necessary if you don’t round the edges)
* place the mesh inside the shirt and pin the sides onto the side of the cut
* trim the excess mesh underneath
* make a bow and pin it with a safety pin (so you can easily remove it to wash your shirt)
… probably even less then 20 minutes, right?
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS DONTELLA thanks so much for sharing this darling t-shirt re-fashion with us today.
HAPPY PRIMPING! WINKS-JEN